For ECConf Church Planters:As we unveiled and discussed at our recent Cohort gatherings, we're now shifting to a new online reporting process!
Monthly Reporting is now handled in two parts,
always Due by the 10th of each month:
Part 1 | Church Planter-Specific:
Monthly Church Planter Report
- this is a simple online google form you can start using immediately for any reports, past or current
- you'll also receive a monthly reminder at the beginning of each month
- going forward these are always due by the 10th (including your up-to-date data for ChurchMetrics.com)
Part 2 | Church-Specific:
- you should start using this immediately for current data entry (we'll handle older data separately, so don't worry about that for now)
- the only “reminder” will be the Monthly Church Planter Report form asking for confirmation, so...
- you will need to enlist a few volunteers for a weekly rhythm, with a few monthly-only inputs
- as I'm setting this up, you'll start receiving emails from ChurchMetrics.com with details of the login account created for you
- the current plan is for two or three logins for each church:
- 1) one specific to each church planter, with username = "firstlast" (e.g. "jasoncondon")
- 2) "[Church Name] Staff", and
- 3) Optional: "[Church Name] Volunteer"
- each with the associated "staff" and "volunteer" permission levels for data entry and access (I'm currently the only "admin")
- initially you'll have "Staff" level permissions to enter and edit data for current weeks (not for past data entry)
- we may also try out the "Volunteer" login for pure data entry, but not sure it will work as well as just using "Staff"
- Make sure you try it yourself and share your church's login info with just one or two trusted staff or key volunteers so they can test it out before you include other volunteers
Date Entry [Updated 02-15-2013]:
- Weekly Data Entry - ideally these are entered by volunteers during the worship service or immediately following
- Attendance [this is only adults, including all staff and volunteers, as well as those there just for Worship]
- Attendance - Kids
- Attendance - Visitors (First Time)
- Contributions [local tithes and offerings]
- *Midweek Giving? [you may find this useful for entering online giving, otherwise add off-Sunday giving into the next Sunday]
- We're simplifying further by removing these (some may show up again on the Church Planter Report (google form):
PEOPLE-2: Membership [this shouldn’t change much from week to week :), but having it “weekly” is better for tracking and graphing] Monthly Data Entry - ideally these are entered within a week of the last Sunday of the month, and definitely before the 10th, primarily by volunteers such as your finance person $ IN-1: Appropriations Received (by end of month) $ IN-1: Appropriations Received (by end of month ) $ IN-2: Outside Fundraising (by end of month) $ IN-3: Special Funds (by end of month) $ OUT-1: Month's Budgeted Expenses $ OUT-2: Non-Budgeted Expenses (by end of month) $ OUT-3: Mission Giving: Covenant 8% $ OUT-4: Mission Giving: ECConf 7% $ ONBOOKS-1: Fund Balance (at end of month) $ ONBOOKS-2: Total Past Due Bills (at end of month)
- Video Tutorials: vimeo.com/churchmetrics/videos
- not all will relate to you, but you may want to check out:
- How to Add New Users (while only an "admin" can do this, it will explain what each type can do)
- Overview of Tabs - overview of the dashboard, reports, charts, and input tabs.
- How to Create Widgets - so you can create your own customized dashboard of data for your church "campus"
- Input & Volunteer Suggestions:
- have “ushers” do worship attendance count and enter on their smartphone
- have head children’s worker do kid count and enter on their smartphone
- have one of the offering counters enter amount as part of their counting workflow
- have finance person enter monthly amounts
Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!
Jason R. Condon
Director of Church Planting
East Coast Conference