You DO NOT Want to Miss This:
A Church Planter Adventure in Three Parts!
I've hooked us up with another phenomenal resort (way better AND cheaper than hotels), available from Sat April 20, 4pm to Sat April 27 check-out.
Both the Dept. of Church Growth & Evangelism and the East Coast Conference are providing significant scholarships and underwriting to make this super accessible for everyone.
Check out the details below. I'll keep this post updated as needed so you can always find the latest info right here.
Currently Confirmed as Attending - quite the crew!
- Jason (& Lisa, Jaron, Bryn) (pre-paid spot)
- Howard (& Ann, Terra) (pre-paid spot)
- Kreig Gammelgard (pre-paid spot)
- Aaron Engler (pre-paid spot)
- Kiho Lee (pre-paid spot)
- Michael Carrion (& Liz?) (pre-paid spot)
- Efrain Alicea (& Erika) (pre-paid spot)
- T.C Moore (& Osheta) (pre-paid spot)
- Stephen Sharkey (& Kathleen) (pre-paid spot)
- Ryan Yi (pre-paid spot)
- Andrew Mook (pre-paid spot)
- Drew Hyun (& Tina, David) (pre-paid spot)
- Derrick Jackson (registered on own)
- Kim Wright (registered on own)
- Brynn Harrington (registered through CG&E)
- Dan Lee (registered through CG&E)
Part 1 | Pre-Conference Fun & Covenant ConnectionsBefore the Exponential Conference fully kicks-off, you'll have the opportunity to hang-out at the resort, maybe hit an attraction, relax, and connect with other Covenant church planters from across the country.
- Early Arrivals Sat or Sun: Arrive at Resort as early as Sat April 20, 4pm (Jason & his family will already be there), or anytime after that (the ECConf will coordinate rental cars and rides)
- Mon April 22, 1:00pm - Tue April 23, 12:00pm: Covenant Connections during the Exponential Pre-Conference slot
- Mon After 5pm: "Free Time" back at the Resort or out on your own. We'll always do dinner together every night for those who want to join in
Part 2 | Exponential Conference
This is the Main Conference, with excellent general sessions, tons of break-outs and workshops, and particular tracks you can mix and match.
- Tue April 22, 1:00pm - Thu April 25, 12:00pm (days end at 5:00pm)
- Registration: Register NOW by following this process:
- email both firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com, with the Subject: "Exponential 2013: Any Pre-Paid Spots Left?"
- If none are still available, you can register with this link to get a deep discount: http://www.exponential.org/shop/stadia/ (for friends of Stadia, which they say are "People who are as passionate about church planting as we are." So you'll qualify :)
- Rides: We'll drive there and back each day from the resort.
- Lunch: We'll have lunch fixings for everyone to make their own to take (not much really available at the Conference)
- Dinner: the Exponential schedule on Tue & Wed ends at 5:00pm. We'll make dinner together back at the resort each night
Part 3 | ECConf Church Planters RetreatSure, the whole thing is an incredible retreat, but this part is just for us!
- Thu April 25, 1:00pm - Sat April 27 (check-out by 10:00am, but pool and facility still available)
- We'll debrief Exponential, look back over this past year, and dream and shape plans for the ongoing future of the church planting on the East Coast Conference.
- Plus there'll be plenty of unstructured time just for hanging out and building strong friendships
Costs & Other Details
- Scholarships/Reimbursement: The first time you pay for something (registration, airfare, etc.) forward your electronic receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll take it from there
- We've worked hard to make this Very Affordable for your churches:
- automatic $400 scholarship from CG&E
- current Covenant Agreements include $200 for this retreat
- many costs subsidized by the East Coast Conference
- serious hustling on housing and food expenses :)
- Costs (both approx. and fixed):
- Exponential Registration: $99 - $149 (depending on the deal you get)
- Airfare: approx. $250-$500 (depending on departure time, direct flight, airports, etc.)
- Rental Cars: Free (provided by East Coast Conference)
- Housing & Meals: $300 fixed cost
- same low price whether you come for all or some of the week (Sat April 22 - Sat April 27)
- same low price whether alone or with a spouse ($300 period for church planter OR couple)
- we'll buy house groceries to provide for breakfasts, lunch fixings, and dinners together back at the resort
- extra snacks and personal outings on your own
- (always let Jason know if finances are a hardship for your church to cover the remaining)
- Spouses are welcome (and a few are already confirmed). We'll make more room if we need to!
- We have several "free spots" as part of the pre-paid registrations for those who also want to come to Exponential itself. Come for none, some or all (there are special tracks for spouses and couples, skews heavily towards "wives")
- Spouse can also coordinate their own fun on the fly
- We'll all be together at night
- Resort: Grand Beach!
- We currently have Five 3-bedroom Units with Full Kitchen & Balcony (and can get more if needed)
- King Suite 1 with Bathroom
- King Suite 2 with Bathroom
- Two Twin Beds in 1 Room with Hallway Bathroom
- Queen Sofa (not planning on using, but there if someone needs it)