Yesterday Artisan Church had the honor of hosting PastorConnect, an every-other-month gathering of Rochester-area pastors for encouragement and connection. I also had the privilege of bringing the message to shape our discussion time.
We briefly tackled the concept of "mindset" and the differences of a Growth Mindset vs. Fixed Mindset. Fascinating examples of this can be found in scripture with how various people reacted to Jesus messing with their heads (see John 3:9 and John 7:45-52 in context).
While incredibly helpful for the challenges of leadership and pastoring, the ideas have broad application for school, workplace, relationships, and even spiritual growth.
So how might God want to renew your "mindset" in the face of the challenges, failure, and success that come your way?
"Mindset" (listen or download below)
[download audio file: Presented by Jason Condon at PastorConnect, Feb 12, 2009 at Artisan Church. Approx. 20 minutes message + 15 minutes of sharing from group discussions]
Notes & Handouts:
- The Effort Effect (Guy Kawasaki)
- More on Professor Carol Dweck and Mindsets (Guy Kawasaki)
- Mindset, Dr. Carol Dweck [amazon, rochester library]
- Talent Is Overrated, Geoff Colvin [amazon, rochester library]
- Outliers, Malcolm Gladwell [amazon, rochester library]